Date : August 8, 2022
Call for Expression of Interest for Providing Advance Training to Journalists
Federation of Nepali Journalists (FNJ) is the umbrella organization of over 13,000 Nepali journalists working in Nepal and abroad. FNJ works in the areas of press freedom, safety and security of journalists, capacity building of journalists, research and publication of media and journalists related knowledge.
As part of its objective to build capacity of journalists, FNJ had developed a 'Standardized Advanced Journalism Training Curriculum' to train the new and young journalists in 11 different districts as mentioned in the Terms of Reference (ToR).
FNJ hereby calls the interested individuals to submit their Expression of Interest (EoI) for conducting Advanced Journalism Training in one or more districts. Kindly submit the under mentioned documents at FNJ central office, Media Village, Tilganga, Kathmandu or via email at [email protected] on or before 5 PM of 15 August 2022. Kindly refer to the attached ToR for further details. Trainers residing and working in the training districts will be prioritized for selection.
Terms of Reference for Trainer of Standardized Advanced Journalism Training Curricula for Journalists
Journalists are one of the key change makers in Nepal and they are the ones, who can contribute to increase media freedom, freedom of expression as well as professional and accountable media for the protection and promotion of human rights, democracy and peace in Nepal. For this their capacity needs to be enhanced so that they can professionally report and meaningfully contribute to democratic norms and institutions that are necessary for a functioning media. To support this, FNJ has developed two sets of training curricula; basic and advanced. These sets will be used to train and enhance the capacity of around 750 journalists in phase-wise approach in 11 districts of 7 provinces, providing opportunities of learning, practicing, reflecting and benefitting from long-term mentorship approach.
Objective of the Assignment
Scope of the work
To deliver four-day standard advanced training to journalists as per the standardized advanced training curricula developed by FNJ in one or more of the project locations – Morang, Sunsari, Sarlahi, Dhanusha, Makawanpur, Kathmandu, Kaski, Rupandehi, Dang, Surkhet, and Kailali districts
Timing and duration
The standardized advanced training is expected to be delivered from August 2022 in 11 different locations. The training will be conducted for four days in each location. Consultant shall provide 5.5 days in each location for training and shall provide additional one week before and after training for preparation and reporting. Consultant can be selected for one or more trainings based on the procurement process and interest of the trainer.
Specific Tasks and Methodologies
1. Study the 'Advanced Journalism Training Curriculum' (herein after the Curriculum) to be used by FNJ to train the journalists on advanced journalism concept and practices;
2. Prepare presentations, resources and other required materials as per the curriculum;
3. Prepare and plan the schedule and tactics of four hours training each day in each district in coordination with the Program Manager of FNJ;
4. Participate in the training preparatory meetings as per the need;
5. Train and facilitate one training in each assigned district with support and coordination of Project Manager;
6. Be available for travelling to and from training location/venue during training days;
7. Prepare and provide observation report of the 4 days training of each district after the event in both hard and electronic copy;
8. Conduct pre-training and post-training evaluation of the trainees and submit report of the same to FNJ.
The consultant will provide the following key deliverables for this assignment:
Terms of Payment
FNJ will provide the consultant fees as per mutually solicited daily rate. If the trainer needs to travel from outside the district, s/he will also be provided per diem for the training and travelling days as per the policy of FNJ as well as travel cost. For the local trainers, local travel will be provided as per FNJ policy. The consultant's fees will be paid in the whole after completion of the training and submission of all the deliverables.